Pick up the phone and call Word of Mouth! It really is that easy, but before you do, you may want to think about a few things:
- what kind of party do you want to have? Entertaining for business may require a completely different approach than casual personal entertaining.
- how do you want the party to flow? Do you plan to serve your guests a full meal? What beverages will you offer? Want help with plates and glasses, or are disposables a-okay? What level of staffing are you thinking? Are guests completely taken care of, or is a more casual time okay? Are flowers, lighting, transportation, or entertainment important elements for you?
- establish a budget. If you are an old pro with catering you may have a good idea of an appropriate budget, but if you are hosting your first event you may not be familiar with the costs associated in hiring outside help. Word of Mouth planners, stocked with answers to the questions above, will work within your budget to offer the best fit for you.
Word of Mouth currently charges 17% coordinating fee on most events we cater. When we prepare a proposal, rentals, staffing, and design are quoted at cost. There is a reasonable markup built in to the price of the food. The coordinating fee represents the event planner's time for consultations, preparation of your proposal, revisions, etc., as well as certain transportation costs associated with your event, licenses, and insurance. For non-profits, off-season events, and new clients we are prepared to negotiate that fee to help meet your budget and introduce you to what we can do.more
Of course! Presented on disposable acrylic platters with disposable utensils, they are ready to serve. We also offer delivery if you'd like to make it completely hassle free. Seventy-two (72) hours notice is requested, but we certainly do our best to accommodate our clients as much as possible.more
You're in luck! We offer reception-style group tastings featuring a variety of our classic dishes as well as seasonal items three times a year, at venues around Austin. We also partner with many of the venues as a featured vendor at their seasonal open houses.
For exceptional events, complex menus or for a fee, we offer private tastings.more
We ask for a $500 deposit to Word of Mouth to confirm the event date. At least thirty days prior to the event, the client or their authorized representative must return a signed copy of our contract and/or a signed copy of the "cost summary" page from the proposal, along with a deposit of 50% of the total cost of services and equipment agreed to on that "cost summary" page. When final guest count is guaranteed, the final balance is due. We prefer MC/Visa and certified checks.more
The $500 initial deposit to secure the date is refundable, less any charges or costs incurred in the planning of your event. A schedule for the refund of deposits is as follows:
- 30 - 45 days prior to the event date - 100% refund less any cost incurred, with written notice.
- 15 - 30 business days prior to the event date - 50% refund less any cost incurred.
- Less than 15 business days prior to the event date - no refund will be granted.